If is best to start with email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are following up about some prior contact (meeting at a conference, talking on Discord, exchanging tweets, etc) please refer to that context in your email so that I remember who you are.
When we have established a relationship, this is my preference order for communications software:
- Signal – text or voice
- email (I don’t have GPG set up, but I will for 2020)
- email@example.com (personal)
- firstname.lastname@example.org (personal corporation – with Alison Alexis)
- email@example.com (primary employment)
- Matrix (firstname.lastname@example.org) – text
- Telegram (bobsummerwill) – text and voice
- Status (QR code below) – text
- GitHub (@bobsummerwill) – public and private collaboration
- Gitter (@bobsummerwill) – public chat and private DMs.
- Twitter (@bobsummerwill) – public tweets and private DMs
- Discord (bobsummerwill#0773) – text and voice
- WeChat (bobsummerwill, QR code below) – private DMs and voice
- Cell phone (text or voice)
- LinkedIn (Bob Summerwill) – public networking and private DMs.
- Zoom (email@example.com)
- Skype (bobsummerwill)
- Microsoft Teams (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Google Meet (bobsummerwill)
^ QR codes for WeChat and Status respectively.
I used to have accounts on Facebook, Facebook Messenger, Instagram, Reddit, WhatsApp and Wire but they are all now either inactive, deactivated or deleted.