STORIFY – Day two of my tweets at OpenStack Summit 2015.
Taking Risks: How Experimentation Leads to Breakthroughs
- Mark Collier (@sparkcollier), COO, OpenStack Foundation
- Adrian Otto (@adrian_otto), Distinguished Architect, Rackspace
- Sandeep Parikh (@crcmnky), Google Cloud Solutions Architect, Google Cloud Solutions
- James Penick (@ThePenick, Principal Architect, Yahoo!
- Craig Peters, Product Manager, Mirantis
- Zack Rosen (@zach), CEO & co-founder, Pantheon
The first session in the keynote for day two consisted of Mark Collier talking to a lot of people about a lot of different projects.
- There are 10s of thousands of servers at Yahoo! on OpenStack, moving up to 100s of thousands.
- Pantheon is running 100,000 Drupal and WordPress sites.
- Magnum is a new containers-as-a-service element within OpenStack. Can drive Kubernetes or Docker “bays”.
- Introduction of the Community App Catalog, which is a repository containing package definitions. Lots of there already. Grab what are essentially blueprints/templates, including all dependencies. I need to understand how these are similar or different to Cloudify blueprints.
- Google demoed the Kubernetes setup running on both Google and OpenStack clouds, with near identical configuration settings.
Driving Innovation in the Cloud
- Imad Sousou (@imadsousou), GM, Intel Open Source Technology Centre
OpenStack update from eBay and PayPal
- Subbu Allamaraju (@sallamar), Cloud, eBay Inc
Red Hat: The True Meaning of Support
Dare Mighty Things
- Jonathan Chiang (@jplchiang), IT Chief Engineer, NASA JPL
Private Cloud Dream Stack – OpenStack + CoreOS + Kubernetes
- Brian Harrington, Principle Architect, CoreOS
Simplify and run your development environments with Vagrant on OpenStack
- Christian Berendt (@CABerendt), Infrastructure Services Manager, CERN